Avocado Egg

April 10, 2012

Do you ever have a recipe that just takes you back to a certain moment in time?  A memory, or feeling?  This recipe transports me to our honeymoon, in Mexico.  We stayed at this wonderful resort that had fabulous cuisine.  Each morning we’d eagerly awake to go eat breakfast, eggs Benedict, waffles, or these creamy delicious avocado eggs.  I chose the avocado egg everyday.

It’s simply delicious, filling, creamy, and really highlights the flavors of both the egg and avocado.  You must try this yourself, it’s so hard to explain the flavor, but very simple to make at home.  Four simple ingredients.  Make it today, and go lay by the nearest beach available.  Or pool, sprinkler, or even kiddie pool.

Ingredients: 1 Large Hass avocado, 2-3 eggs, seasoned salt, butter

Take your perfectly ripe Hass avocado, and slice it all the way around the pitt.

Twist and pull open

Take your knife and pop it into the pit and pull out.

Then take each half of the avocado and slice a good 1/2 inch piece all the way through.

Lay flat and cut around the pit, make the hole larger to hold the egg.

Remove the peel.

And place in a buttered pan over medium heat.

Crack each egg in carefully.

Sprinkle on the seasoned salt, if you don’t have any, salt and pepper is fine.  Cook about 2-3 minutes.

Then very carefully flip over.

Add a little more salt.

And cook another 2-3 minutes, until the yolk is cooked to perfection.  We like runny yolks, but if you prefer a fully cooked yolk cook about 3 minutes.

Serve with fresh fruit and add a dash of your favorite hot sauce (optional).

A simple delicious breakfast that will stick with you. And make you long for the beach and a Mai Tai.

Oh sorry that’s just me.

Avocado Egg

1 Large Hass avocado
2 -3 eggs
Seasoned Salt
butter

Slice avocado in half, remove the pit.  On each halve cut a 1/2 inch thick slice.  Remove some of the avocado in the center to make more room for the egg and peel.  In a skillet over medium heat add butter.  Then add the avocado, crack egg into the center of the avocado, sprinkle with seasoned salt and cook about 2-3 minutes.  then carefully flip over and cook another 2-3 minutes, until the yolk is cooked to your liking.  Top with a little hot sauce and serve with fresh fruit.

I am happy to list this post @
A Southern Fairytale “Mouth Watering Mondays”
Little House, ” Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange”
Balancing Beauty and Bedlam “Tasty Tuesday”
Simply Sugar and Gluten Free, “Slightly Indulgent”
All the Small Stuff, “Tuesday at the Table”

Tammi’s Tips Tuesday
Crazy for Crust, “Crazy Sweet Tuesday”
Newlyweds, “Recipe Linky”
Gooseberry Patch, “Recipe Round-up”
Hugs & Cookies, “Wonky Wednesday”
Lady Behind the Curtain, “Cast Party Wednesday”
Crystal & Co., “Share your resources and Solutions“
Life as Mom “Recipe Swap”
A little Nosh, “Tastetastic Thursday”
Miz Helen’s, “Full Plate Thursday”
It’s a Keeper, “It’s a Keeper Thursday”
Friday Foods, “Mom Trends”
Grocery Cart Challenge ”Recipe Swap”
Designs by Gollum “Foodie Friday”
Ann Kroeker “Food on Fridays”

My Crowded Kitchen, “Fabulous Friday”
Around my family Table, “Feed your soul”
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Pin It

Cleanse and Extreme Shed Challenge
May 10, 2012 at 8:00 am
10 day cleanse menu plan - Newlyweds
June 2, 2014 at 11:29 am

Candi April 10, 2012 at 10:13 am

I pinned that months ago because it looked so good!! And you made it look even better, now I really need to make it!

Lesa @Edesia's Notebook April 10, 2012 at 10:20 am

How beautiful! Looks delicious, but how do you keep the avocado from turning brown?

@Lesa @Edesia’s Notebook, Lesa, I had no problem with the avocado turning brown, do you mean from the cooking process or exposure to the air? Either way it cooks quickly and we eat it right away so not much chance of it turning brown on us.

Lesa @Edesia's Notebook Reply:

I guess I just assumed that since exposure to air makes them turn brown, exposure to heat would make them brown even faster. I’ve never actually “cooked” with avocados before. They look so beautiful; I was just wondering if you rubbed them with lemon juice or anything. Great recipe!

LISA April 10, 2012 at 12:47 pm

OOOH that looks so good! Runny yolk and avocado taste like heaven together. I shall try this sometime :)

Amanda @ Our Trek April 10, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Looks amazing! My husband doesn’t like avocados, but I might have to make this for myself.

Helene April 10, 2012 at 9:15 pm

That has got to be the prettiest egg I’ve ever seen!!! What a delicious and healthy meal!

Pinning it!!!

Patricia P April 11, 2012 at 5:55 am

Oh, that looks good! I have to try it!

Amber April 12, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Oh my goodness! I love avocado and I love eggs so this is a great recipe! I will add this to my things to make list, but I do believe this will be added to the top! Yummy!

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm April 13, 2012 at 8:10 am

I LOVE this presentation and have seen it on Pinterest a few time but your version is the most lovely I’ve seen. I need to get over my angst about *cooked* avocado and give this a try — it would be perfectly low-carb :)

Blessings!
Gail

Miz Helen April 13, 2012 at 11:42 am

What a great breakfast treat that we would just love! Hope you are having a wonderful Spring day. Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!

Wendy April 13, 2012 at 1:10 pm

This looks delicious! I Would love to have you link up to my 2 carnivals today….http://www.aroundmyfamilytable.com/2012/04/feed-your-soul-5/ (anything food related) and http://everydaymomcakes.com/sugar-me-up-5/ (deserts only). Hope to see you around!

Elizabeth@ReadySetSimplify April 16, 2012 at 10:32 pm

This looks really yummy and simple!

Cleanse and Extreme Shed Challenge May 10, 2012 at 8:00 am

[…] Then about an hour later I eat breakfast.  My favorite bird’s nest (on whole wheat bread) or avocado egg.  Maybe some fresh berries to go with it. For lunch I will have a salad, with various toppings, […]

10 day cleanse menu plan - Newlyweds June 2, 2014 at 11:29 am