Banana “Ice Cream”

March 12, 2012

I am so excited to share my new nightly treat with you all.  Maybe you’ve heard of this dare I say amazingly simple, delicious treat before, but act like it’s new, okay?

Two ingredients, low calorie, and dairy free.  Need I say more?  Ok, so you have to be a banana lover.  If you don’t like bananas, first off, bless your heart.  Secondly, you won’t like this dessert, because banana is the main ingredient.

The combination in this makes for a smooth chocolaty banana “ice cream”.  I mean seriously why didn’t I think this up year ago.  I’ve been eating my bananas all wrong.

Let me show you this genius-ness!

Take frozen bananas, and unsweetened cocoa powder.

Add cocoa powder to blender.

There are several ways to go about freezing the banana, I personally did the laziest easiest way.  I froze the whole banana, with peel on.  But another way would to be peel and slice the banana and lay out evenly in the freezer.

Whichever way you choose add the peeled frozen banana to the blender.

Start blending and push the bananas down if need be.

Soon the bananas and chocolate will form this beautiful creamy “ice cream”

Serve in the fancy-ist ice cream dish you can find.

I choose my wine glass.  I am classy that way!

Banana “Ice Cream”

4 frozen bananas

2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder (more or less to your liking)

Freeze bananas in slices or whole and blend with cocoa until it reaches ice cream consistency.  Other great options would be to try it plain, mix in peanut butter, nuts, chocolate chips, marshmallows, graham crackers.  Makes 2-4 servings depending on size

Nutritional Info, 1 serving Calories 124, carbs 27, fat 1

I am happy to list this post @
Eat At Home’ Ingredient Spotlight”
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Pin It

Ripped in 30 Level 2 and monthly progress pictures
April 14, 2012 at 3:41 pm
Cleanse and Extreme Shed Challenge
January 29, 2013 at 4:56 pm
10 day cleanse menu plan - Newlyweds
June 2, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Lalo March 12, 2012 at 3:33 pm

This looks yummy!!

Susie's Homemade March 12, 2012 at 4:42 pm

I have been looking for a healthy dessert option! Thanks!!!

Candi March 12, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Yum! I do make this all the time, but believe it or not, I haven’t tried to add cocoa powder! YUM! I usually add melted peanut butter and chocolate chips.

Elise March 13, 2012 at 11:47 am

Oh my goodness, this looks so good! I’ve never tried adding coca to banana smoothie, but now I definitely will.
I’d rather have a frozen fruit smoothie than ice cream any day! :)

nicole @ I am a Honey Bee March 14, 2012 at 11:37 am

BF has such a bad sweet tooth. I will have to give this a try since we can’t have ice cream in the house… bc he will eat it all!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust March 18, 2012 at 6:09 pm

That sounds delicious! A refreshing dessert. YUM!

Serena March 23, 2012 at 7:57 am

What a delicious recipe. We would love it if you shared it with our foodie community on Momtrends – http://www.momtrends.com/2012/03/crockpot-stuffed-apple-french-toast/

Ripped in 30 Level 2 and monthly progress pictures April 14, 2012 at 3:41 pm

[...] It has also helped me with portion control and only eating when I was hungry.  Not bored, stressed, or mindless eating.  I try to only eat whole grains, lean meats, and fruits and veggies at every meal.  A common lunch for me is a whole wheat tortilla, filled with leftovers (generally chicken), fresh tomatoes, avocado slices, and topped full with mixed salad greens.  I eat the dinner meals from my Menu plans.  And truthfully I am not hungry much.  Somedays I go to bed thinking I could eat a little more, but don’t this is generally where before I would have had a bowl of ice cream.  Now If I must have something I make banana ice cream. [...]

Gina April 16, 2012 at 9:35 am

I will have to try this one!!

Cleanse and Extreme Shed Challenge January 29, 2013 at 4:56 pm

[...] asparagus and butternut squash).  If I’d like a snack I will have some fresh fruit or even banana ice cream.  Then before Bed I take the cleanse pills. Repeat this for day 1-3 then day 4-7 take probiotics [...]

10 day cleanse menu plan - Newlyweds June 2, 2014 at 8:09 pm

[…] Banana Ice Cream- 2 ingredients, frozen banana and cocoa powder, I only eat this on days that I didn’t eat a banana for breakfast. […]