Thanksgiving Casserole

January 3, 2012

If you ever find yourself with the hankering for a Thanksgiving-ish flavored inspired meal.  This is your simple ticket.  Simple, easy to find ingredients that will make you feel like you’re having a Thanksgiving feast without all the work.

My family gobbles this up every time I make it and it’s always a nice change from the normal style meals.  Of course, you can use make this meal if you have leftovers from Thanksgiving.  I bet sweet potatoes would be really good as a substitute for the green beans.

Ingredients: 3 cups shredded chicken or turkey (I use Sticky Chicken), 2 cans green beans, 1 box stuffing, chicken broth (or water), 1 can cranberry sauce.

Shredded Sticky chicken, but turkey would work well too.

Homemade chicken broth from the sticky chicken.

Easy quick stuffing mix, use your favorite kind.

And cook per box directions.

In a 9 X 13 casserole, layer shredded chicken.

2 cans of drained green beans, I like using french style.

When the stuffing is done cooking.

Smooth on top.

and bake at 350° for about 20 minutes, until golden brown on top.

Open your can of jelled cranberry and slice.

And serve together and savor the flavors of thanksgiving anytime of the year.

Thanksgiving Casserole

3 cups shredded chicken or turkey (I use Sticky Chicken)
2 cans green beans
1 box stuffing
chicken broth (or water)
1 can cranberry sauce.

Make stuffing per boxed instructions using chicken broth or water. Layer in a 9 X 13 casserole pan, shredded chicken or turkey, drained green beans, and cooked stuffing. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, until golden brown on top. Serve with cranberry sauce.

I am happy to list this post @
A Southern Fairytale “Mouth Watering Mondays”
Little House, ” Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange”
Balancing Beauty and Bedlam “Tasty Tuesday”
Simply Sugar and Gluten Free, “Slightly Indulgent”
All the Small Stuff, “Tuesday at the Table”

Tammi’s Tips Tuesday
Crazy for Crust, “Crazy Sweet Tuesday”
Newlyweds, “Recipe Linky”
This Chick Cooks, “Recipe Link Party”
Gooseberry Patch, “Recipe Round-up”
Hugs & Cookies, “Wonky Wednesday”
Lady Behind the Curtain, “Cast Party Wednesday”
Crystal & Co., “Share your resources and Solutions“
Life as Mom “Recipe Swap”
A little Nosh, “Tastetastic Thursday”
Miz Helen’s, “Full Plate Thursday”
It’s a Keeper, “It’s a Keeper Thursday”
Friday Foods, “Mom Trends”
Grocery Cart Challenge ”Recipe Swap”
Designs by Gollum “Foodie Friday”
Ann Kroeker “Food on Fridays”

Jane Deere, “Fusion Fridays”
Fresh from the Farm, “Recipe Swap”

Sticky Chicken in Crock Pot
January 3, 2012 at 9:26 am
Lady Behind the Curtain » Party Round Up – Dinner (Cast Party #22)
January 9, 2012 at 11:30 am

Sticky Chicken in Crock Pot January 3, 2012 at 9:26 am

[…] Barbecue Chicken Pizza, Stuffed Corn Tortillas,  Pumpkin Enchiladas, shredded chicken tacos, and Thanksgiving Casserole.  For even more recipes using Sticky Chicken be sure to check out my […]

Kelly Deneen January 3, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Oh mmmmm. I will definitely try this out!

BTW, this year I made sticky turkey for Thanksgiving. I always make my turkey in a roaster, and I used the same spice blend. Delish! I did add celery to the onions inside of the turkey, but that’s it. Awesome.

What a great idea Kelly. I am so glad that it turned out well for thanksgiving. I will have to try that.

LisaK January 3, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Awesome! I never thought of making it, but it looks really good.

carolinaheartstrings January 4, 2012 at 8:24 am

I love this kind of casserole! Any time of year – Delicious. Come visit us. We have wonderful healthy recipes for the new year.

Hazel Moon January 6, 2012 at 8:30 pm

This looks delicious and my family will love this!

Miz Helen January 8, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Hi Sweet Pea,
Turkey and or Chicken and Dressing is one of my favorites, I would just love your Thanksgiving Casserole. This would be a perfect Casserole to take to a covered dish dinner. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!

Lady Behind the Curtain » Party Round Up – Dinner (Cast Party #22) January 9, 2012 at 11:30 am

[…] Thanksgiving Casserole […]

Candi January 12, 2012 at 9:06 pm

YUM! My granny used to make something like this with the true leftovers from Thanksgiving. She’d make fresh gravy and pour it over the turkey part and then top it with leftover dressing, broken up in chunks and pieces. It was so good! Thanks for reminding me of this!

Sophia September 24, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Looks yummie but how is the chicken broth used in this recipe ?

Sorry for the confusion, the chicken broth is used to make the stuffing as per box directions or you can use water.